Dal Vada is a popular street food which is available all over Gujarat and is often eaten for breakfast by the Gujarati community. Dal Vada are enjoyed with some chopped onions and salted green chillies. Dal Vada is also enjoyed with kadi. Dal Vadas are the perfect snack recipe to enjoy with a cup of tea on a rainy day.
2 Cups Chana Dal
½ Cup Moong Dal
1-1.5 Teaspoon Green Chilli Paste (Hari Mirch Paste)
1 -1.5 Teaspoon Ginger-Garlic Paste (Adrak-Lehsun Paste)
½ Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
1.5 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch)
1.5 Teaspoon Dhana-Jeera Powder
Coriander Leaves (Dhania)
1. Soak chana dal and moong dal for 7-8 hours.
2. Then grind them little coarse.
3. Now in this dal mixture add green chilli paste, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, dhana jeera powder, salt and coriander leaves.
4. Add water as per requirement and prepare the batter for the dal vada. Make the batter little bit thick.
5. Add some hot oil in the dal vada batter to make the dal vadas crispy.
6. Now put some portion of the batter in hot oil and deep fry till the vadas turn golden brown. Make sure you fry them on medium heat.
7. Dal Vadas are ready to serve with salted green chillies and onions.